During your first session (approximately 2.5 hours), we custom design your brows based on your face shape and other factors. The pigment choice is then selected. Once your shape and pigment are agreed upon, a numbing agent of Benzocaine, Lidocaine, Tetracaine (BLT) cream will be applied.
Immediately after the procedure, your new brows will be strong in color, and soften in 2-3 weeks. After your initial appointment, a touch up is scheduled between 4-6 weeks.
- Prone to keloids
- Sunburned skin
- Diabetic or autoimmune disorders – due to thinned blood and poor healing
- Organ transplant – compromised immune system
- Pregnant or nursing
- Open wounds
- Diseases or viral infections (HIV, Hepatitis, etc.)
- Chemotherapy in the past year
- Epilepsy – as seizures may be induced by pain
- Skin irritations – Eczema, Psoriasis, Keratosis, Pilaris, Dermatitis (on the brow area)
Accutane/Retin-A – Individuals who have been taking Accutane or Retin-A within the last year have an altered skin condition that will not heal well after the procedure. It is very important that you wait a year before microblading the skin. Similarly, Retinol and Vitamin A users should discontinue the use one month prior to their procedure.
Latisse – Eyelash and eyebrow growth serum bring extra circulation (aka blood flow) to the area resulting in more growth of hair/lashes. Do not underestimate the power of these products! If you have been using Latisse or any other eyelash or eyebrow growth conditioners, the skin in that area is in a hypersensitive state and will bleed easily. Be mindful to discontinue using these at least 3-6 months before going in for a session otherwise you may bleed excessively.
- Do not sweat or work out the day of the procedure
- No caffeine or alcohol 24 hours before the procedure
- Do not tan (no sun) for one week prior to the procedure or have a sunburned face the day of the procedure
- Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E, or Ibuprofen 24 hours before procedure
- Do not wax or tint eyebrows before the procedure
- Botox treatments should be done 3 weeks prior or 4 weeks after procedure
- No laser or chemical peels 30 days before or after procedure (brows will peel quicker due to chemicals traveling under the skin)
- No microdermabrasion or dermaplaning for 2 weeks prior
- No Retinols/Retin-A or other anti-aging/acne creams, or serums containing Salicylic or Glycolic acids, as these will fade brows prematurely